In the world of hair care, protection is key. With so many styling tools and techniques available, it’s important to take the necessary steps to safeguard your precious locks from heat damage.
One essential product that should find its place in your hair care routine is the ghd Bodyguard Heat Protectant Spray. This remarkable spray not only shields your hair from the damaging effects of heat styling, but also offers a multitude of other benefits that can transform your styling experience.
In this blog post, we will explore why the ghd Bodyguard Heat Protectant Spray is a must-have and answer some commonly asked questions about its usage.
Table of contents:
- Why should you use a heat protector on your hair?
- Is it necessary to use heat protection spray before straightening?
- How long should you wait after spraying ghd Bodyguard Heat Protect Spray?
- Should you use heat protectant every time you heat style your hair?
- How do you use ghd Bodyguard Heat Protect Spray?
- Can you use ghd Bodyguard Heat Protect Spray on wet hair?
- Can you use ghd Bodyguard Heat Protect Spray on dry hair?
- What temperature does ghd Bodyguard Heat Protect Spray protect against?
Why should you use a heat protector on your hair?
Heat styling tools such as straighteners, curling irons, and hair dryers generate high temperatures that can cause severe damage to your hair strands. The heat strips away moisture, weakens the protein structure and leaves your hair prone to breakage, frizz, and split ends.
By using a heat protector, you create a protective barrier on your hair strands that minimises the impact of heat. It acts as a shield, reducing the direct contact between the heat and your hair, thereby preventing excessive moisture loss and structural damage. In essence, a heat protector helps preserve your hair’s health, strength, and shine, allowing you to enjoy your favourite heat styling tools without compromising its integrity.
Is it necessary to use heat protection spray before straightening?
Absolutely! Straightening your hair is a process that involves exposing your locks to high heat for an extended period. This makes using a heat protection spray essential to prevent heat-related damage.
The ghd Bodyguard Heat Protectant Spray is specifically formulated to provide superior heat protection, making it an ideal choice before straightening your hair.
How long should you wait after spraying ghd Bodyguard Heat Protect Spray?
After spraying the ghd Bodyguard Heat Protectant Spray onto your hair, it is recommended to wait a few seconds to allow the product to settle and create a protective barrier. This should only take a moment, so you can proceed with your heat styling routine without significant delays.
However, it’s crucial to follow the instructions provided on the product packaging for the best results.
Should you use heat protectant every time you heat style your hair?
Yes, it is highly recommended to use a heat protectant every time you heat style your hair. Consistency is key when it comes to protecting your hair from heat damage. Regardless of whether you are blow-drying, straightening, curling, or using any other heat styling tool, applying a heat protectant spray like the ghd Bodyguard Heat Protectant Spray is vital.
Repeated and frequent exposure to heat without protection can lead to cumulative damage and long-term consequences for your hair’s health. Therefore, incorporating a heat protectant into your hair care routine becomes an essential step in maintaining the overall integrity of your locks.
How do you use ghd Bodyguard Heat Protect Spray?
Using the ghd Bodyguard Heat Protectant Spray is a breeze. Follow these simple steps to ensure effective heat protection:
- Start with clean, towel-dried hair: Begin by washing and conditioning your hair using your preferred hair care products. Pat your hair dry gently with a towel to remove excess moisture.
- Shake the bottle: Give the ghd Bodyguard Heat Protectant Spray a good shake before use to ensure that the product is properly mixed.
- Apply the spray: Hold the bottle about six inches away from your hair and spray evenly from root to tip. Be sure to cover all sections of your hair, paying extra attention to the ends, as they are typically more prone to damage.
- Comb through: Using a wide-toothed comb or your fingers, gently distribute the product throughout your hair to ensure even coverage.
- Style as desired: Proceed with your desired heat styling technique, whether it’s blow-drying, straightening, or curling. The ghd Bodyguard Heat Protectant Spray will work its magic in safeguarding your hair from the heat.
Can you use ghd Bodyguard Heat Protect Spray on wet hair?
Yes, the ghd Bodyguard Heat Protectant Spray can be used on wet hair. In fact, it is best applied to damp or towel-dried hair before heat styling. Applying the spray on wet hair allows it to penetrate the strands more effectively and create a protective barrier against heat damage.
Can you use ghd Bodyguard Heat Protect Spray on dry hair?
While the ghd Bodyguard Heat Protectant Spray is primarily designed for use on wet or damp hair, it can also be used on dry hair. If you are using a heat styling tool on dry hair, it is recommended to lightly mist the spray onto your locks, ensuring even coverage before proceeding with the heat styling process.
What temperature does ghd Bodyguard Heat Protect Spray protect against?
The ghd Bodyguard Heat Protectant Spray is designed to protect your hair against temperatures of up to 185°C (365°F). This means it provides a robust shield for your hair during heat styling, giving you peace of mind that your locks are safeguarded from the potentially damaging effects of high heat.
Shop ghd at Justmylook
Incorporating the ghd styling products into your hair care routine is a wise choice to shield your hair from heat damage. By using these exceptional products, you can enjoy your favourite heat styling tools while preserving the health, strength, and shine of your locks.
Remember, protecting your hair is an investment in its long-term health, so make the ghd Bodyguard Heat Protectant Spray a staple in your hair care collection and say goodbye to heat-related hair woes.