We might cleanse, tone and moisturise twice a day but nothing beats that fresh complexion feeling you get after a little spa pampering. Sadly we can’t all afford to hit the treatment rooms every week but that doesn’t mean you can’t recreate that relaxation at home. Face masks are a great way to make sure you enjoy a little indulgence without blowing the bank balance, as well as being one of the best ways to look after your skin. Here are a few reasons why we love them so much:
1) They boldly go where no other treatment goes. Moisturising is all very well and good but no cream can really plump up your skin like a face mask. A good hydrating face mask is much more capable of permeating your skin than a normal moisturiser, meaning that that feeling of hydration goes deeper and lasts longer. Ditto for those of you with problem skin; a deep cleansing face mask has time to really sink down into the pores, cleaning your skin far more efficiently than a normal makeup remover.
2) They promote relaxation. Speaking of taking time, there’s nothing like a face mask to make sure you get a little me-time during the week. Since you can’t exactly walk around wearing one, face masks make sure you take an extra 15 minutes in the bath or relax with a book while they work their magic.
3) The varieties are endless. One of the best things about face masks is that they are by no means ‘one fits all’. There are hundreds of options available, all tailored to very specific skincare needs, so you’re bound to find one that works miracles on your complexion. Aging skin? Why not try a firming mask? Sensitive skin? This Kaeso Calming Facial Gift Set is for you.
4) You can totally DIY. While professional products are a luxury you deserve, face masks can be whipped up at home if your budget won’t quite cover pre-made ones. Whether it’s adding some spot-busting witch hazel or tea tree oil to your existing rebalancing mask, or making a honey and yoghurt mask from scratch, DIY masks are perfect for finding the unique combination that suits your skin.
5) They help you recreate the spa at home. Whether you opt for a luxury professional cream or a homemade scrub, a face mask is the perfect way to give you that spa feeling without actually having to travel anywhere (or shell out for the privilege!). Masks are soothing, relaxing and therapeutic, plus they make you look and feel great after you use them. What’s not to love?